Search button


Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email this page

Policy Guide

Back to Policies List

Transfer of Credits

Credits taken prior to the term of admission into a graduate program and used to satisfy program requirements are considered transfer credits. Below are the steps involved in processing transfer course work for graduate students:

  • Student must provide official transcripts from any previous institution(s) to the UCF College of Graduate Studies.
  • Program/college evaluates course(s) and chooses whether to approve the transfer work for the student's program of study.
  • Once the transfer work is approved, the program/college completes a transfer request form (with approval signatures) and sends it to the UCF College of Graduate Studies.

For a full description of the rules that govern transfer credits, please see the appropriate Transfer of Credit policy in the current Graduate Catalog: Master's, Specialist, Doctoral, Graduate Certificate. The university will not allow students to transfer course work from professional societies, independent agencies, employers or companies unless they are American Council on Education (ACE) certified.



  • Student Services and Graduation, College of Graduate Studies

Back to top


The University of Central Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of Central Florida.

Please note the commission's expectation that contact occur only if there is evidence to support significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. For other information about UCF’s SACSCOC accreditation, please contact the university's SACSCOC liaison in UCF's Office of Academic Affairs.

| © 2015 University of Central Florida - College of Graduate Studies