Filing Your Intent to Graduate
The ability to file online opens at mid-term of the semester prior to the semester of graduation. Intents to graduate should be filed online no later than the last day of registration for the semester of graduation.
Below are the steps for indicating your intent to graduate.
- Students who intend to graduate must complete the online Intent to Graduate Form by logging into myUCF and navigating to the Student Self Service– Other Academics > Intent to Graduate: Apply.
Once the online form is completed, students will receive e-mail communications from the College of Graduate Studies at various stages of the review process. Students can also log in to myUCF and check the status of their Intent to Graduate at any time by navigating to the Student Self Service– Other Academics > Intent to Graduate: Status
Please refer to the Student Help Guide for assistance in completing the online form. If you still have questions or concerns please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must be enrolled in the term they are graduating.
- If your record is placed on hold, please refer to Record Holds for information on how to satisfy the hold requirements.
- Please refer to the Academic Calendar for dates to apply for graduation.
- If you are unable to graduate in that semester, a new online form must be filed at the beginning of the semester of anticipated completion.
Intent to Graduate for Master's, Specialists, and Doctoral Students
Graduate students writing a thesis or dissertation and who are graduating within the next three semesters should review the Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) section of this website for an overview of requirements.
Intent to Graduate for Graduate Certificate Students
- Students who are completing a graduate certificate program must obtain formal acceptance into the graduate certificate program. NOTE: All students must file a new application to be admitted into the certificate program.
- Admission to the certificate program must be prior to the end of add/drop in the semester that you are registering for the final course in the certificate program.